Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Live on, Sugarfree

Last night, I was able to watch the most heartfelt concert in my life and ironically, it'd be the last of its kind. That was the last concert of that band, Sugarfree.

And hey! You know me well if you know how much I adore that band. SUPER, it tops the list! A fangirl by heart. I love Sugarfree. And whenever I managed to gain some following on something, it means a lot. NO, I'm not the type who joins fanclubs. I'm the type who memorizes their songs by the heart. 

And so, knowing that last night was the last time I'd sing my heart and guts out while Sugarfree performs live sucks. It's heart-breaking, the inevitable ending. And of course I cried. Like the way I cried at Panic! at the Disco's break up and NU's closing down. The tears got pretty uncontrollable, that was during "Tulog Na" (second to the last song). That's my favorite song among all Sugarfree songs. I closed my eyes and just listened. Ebe's voice and the band's sound were being washed away by the people singing along. That moment was the moment of realization and next thing I knew tears was just falling continuously down my cheeks. 

But iI guess that was a good goodbye, was it not? The band was at their peak, it's not as if they're not 'sikat' anymore. The members had no hard feelings with each other, they're disbanding as good friends without some stupid fight because they knew somehow, they have to move on/up. And lastly they didn't let their loving fans down. They held a farewell concert that will be forever engraved in the recesses of our minds. Sugarfree showed their gratitude and love for all the people who supported them all the way. 

And I think that matters a lot. Sugarfree broke our hearts, but thankfully in a good way. 



***
While waiting for Sugarfree to start the farewell concert, I told my dear friend Kimoy "I miss Rugrats." Rugrats is the code name my barkada and I gave to my activist crush back in COC-PUP. Rugrats, because he looks dugyot like the kids in Rugrats.

True, I really remember him these days, for no reason at all. Basta naalala ko lang sya. And been wondering what's up with him.

Then minutes later, I was looking at him straight in the eyes while he came walking in front of Kym and I. I stared at him, he stared back. It was disbelief on my part and I guess recognition on his. And it felt like the longest stare in my life! I couldn't get my eyes off him. And I want to believe it's DESTINY, not coincidence. 

One day we'll meet again, and by that time it won't just be stares.

***
Burnout (the fitting farewell/last song)

O wag kang tumingin
Ng ganyan sa ‘kin
Wag mo akong kulitin
Wag mo akong tanungin

Dahil katulad mo
Ako rin ay nagbago
Di na tayo katulad ng dati
Kay bilis ng sandali

O kay tagal kitang minahal

Kung iisipin mo
Di naman dati ganito
Teka muna teka lang
Kailan tayo nailang

Kung iisipin mo
Di naman dati ganito
Kay bilis kasi ng buhay
Pati tayo natangay

O kay tagal kitang minahal

Tinatawag kita
Sinusuyo kita
Di mo man marinig
Di mo man madama

O kay tagal kitang mamahalin

No comments:

Post a Comment