Saturday, April 9, 2011

Corregidor Adventure it is!

Everybody loves "first times," do we not! So I just felt truly excited when I learned that I'll be able to go to Corregidor. Who doesn't know of this land of history that served as a bastion of defense during the war era?


Basta! Anywhere in the Philippines where there is a significant sense of history and culture, I will see!


With the Corregidor Adventure, I was lucky! And even more lucky to have been able to immerse myself in an Amazing Race-type of challenge. Fun! It was a different twist to just seeing the ruins of time! 


Sumout kami sa masikip na tunnel, pumasok at umakyat sa kweba, nag-trail sa gubat, tumakbo, tumakbo pa, hiningal. Hahaha adreline! Bring out your competitive side! 


Here's a taste of Corregidor. 


Bring in the sun! ^^
Somewhere in the bottom of that sea, lies millions of silver coins the American's dropped from the plane when they realized they cannot bring it to their land. 



"These ruins will never be restored, replaced and rebuilt. They were left like that by the war, and they will stay that way." Mr. Armand, tour guide
Guns as big as tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment