Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Rain, and it doesn't Pour

I considered writing a nice article of Rain's gig (for gig it was and not a concert as Rain himself explained in his press conference that a concert consists of three hours straight or more of performing) for The Manila Times, the newspaper I work. 

But thinking it over, I realized all I can come up with is something blog-worthy. If I am to write something to be published and read by the public, what I would want is to come up with something for the benefit of Rain, whether it be more popularity, more fans, more praise and all the good stuffs. Right? However, that being said, I can't do something for his benefit, because, I can't think of good things to say about his gig. 

Sure I did enjoy, but somehow, I knew right there and then, I'm not a fan of him and the whole K-Pop era. I might really really like him back in Full House but not as a singer-performer-dancer. My dear friend, Ara Mae, who gave us, seven friends of VIP tix, said herself that she just wanted to see Rain's abs. I thought, in the beginning that I was indeed a fan of him, but during the gig, I really couldn't bring myself to enjoy his musicality to the fullest. Well, the fact that I was having an hyperacidity attack, that made my stomach ache during the whole duration of the gig might be a big contribution as to why I couldn't concentrate! But all I can say is that half of my mind was trying to focus on Rain's hot dance moves and the half was being consumed by "namimilitpit na sakit" of my stomach. 

Thinking, if my stomach isn't having a hyperacidity, would I be able to find good things to write about the whole gig? Perhaps not. 

I just know that if it were Sugarfree or Panic! at the Disco's Brendon Urie performing on the stage, even if it was awfully cramped with people and uncomfortable (yeah that's how VIP is on MOA concert grounds, standing and squirming with everyone else) and I was indeed having hyperacidity, I would still be terribly taking my heart out for them! I would show them my love no matter what.

I swear, I'm the type of a fangirl who gives her all. I'm the type who fights for her idols. Rains is just not one of them. I just can't write something for our newspaper that talk of grievances about said gig.

All the reason I was happy that night, aside from the fact that I was almost limping from pain was the company of my dearest friends in college. And if you might know, not one of us was a genuine fan of Rain. HAHAHAHA, it's funny. The sound of VIP tix was just hard to resist (atleast for me). 

I love my friends, they never fail to give me a good laugh. I couldn't forget also when I was saying harsh words loudly aiming to some dudes behind that kept on pushing forward when obviously there wasn't any more space!!! I was definitely irked and irritated, I was saying something like "Minsan talaga gusto kong subukang manapak ng tao e!" My friends alarmed tried to know what the problem was, only to say to me in return something like, "Dude, Koreano sila. Di ka nila naiintindihan." I looked to the guys behind me and much to my dismay! Darn, they were indeed Koreans and definitely they did not understand any Filipino word I said! How useless. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment