Friday, September 3, 2010

Of Old People


I have nothing to do. I'm currently in our office in The Manila Times and, yep, I'm bored waiting for our Editor in chief's edited editorials (redundancy at it's finest). I am to proofread it before it gets to the layout artist's hands. I dunno why but the opinions and editorials are a bit late this day. Hmmm hmmm. Though I have nothing bad to say about our editor in chief. He is a nice old chap that reminds me of my Lolo. Somehow, it's nice to be sweet to this old man. 

Well, is he really the topic of this blog? Perhaps not... Maybe I'm just bored and wanted to write anything, however random it may be. Since I'm in our office, might as well write about the people here. Need I mention that our Big Boss Sir Klink, CEO, President, the highest editor in the land, just happened to enter when he was supposed to be home by now. Well, he's not. And most of us, already in a lagging state, is just wasting time in Facebook. Dearest Facebook.

Well, Big Boss, we DO our job... And I just lost my train of thought. Because the work I was waiting for came and of course, I finished it first. 

Now, what on the world do I really want to say? My observations, perhaps? 

If I will, it will be like this. The bosses here, the editors, they are quite old. You know it when you get near them and you just now that smell. Smell of long gone time, the smell of experience; smell of old perfume, the smell of knowing!

It's the air they carry. The hair of the old dudes might be close to that of Noynoy but believe me their smarter! I could never really compare them to Noynoy. And do you Ninoy, Noy's father, the martyred Filipino, had been a correspondent of The Manila Times himself. 

If not baldy, well, the hairs whitey! (smiles)

But their appalling hair is not the point. They have this certain judgment of what news, stories, life experiences and events are worthy enough for the common public to know! Yes, they might look boring, and they might really say boring stuffs, but I don't give a damn. I'm young and I'm attracted to listen to them. Listen to their better understanding of the world! My golly!

I want to grow old like them. Working. Doing what probably took up the entire time of my life. And still growing older and older by the day with the routinely things I did when I was young. I'm right here at the office. Writing to my heart's content. People grow old but passion does not. I admire the editors of The Manila Times (I'm admitting, I admire Big Boss slash Kuya too).

No comments:

Post a Comment