Monday, October 8, 2012

"Bill"

It was late, close to 11 in the evening when I boarded the jeepney, the last public utility vehicle I had to take before I got home. It's a 10- to 15-minute ride considering the time. There were barely any people, and therefore less vehicles on the road, meaning no more traffic. 

I took my seat. There were a few people inside the jeepney. The driver was much in hurry to fill up with passengers so he took off right after I was settled. 

On my one side is a mother and son, the boy perhaps in high school already, and then on the other, is a guy I didn't spare time to look closely at. In front of me is a college student, beside this guy is two more guys. Farther away is a lola, with baskets of what's left of her paninda

But what caught my attention was the two guys, seated in front of the mother and son. One of the two is maybe a few years younger than me. Seating closely beside him is what seemed to me a boy. He really looks young. 

Their closeness bothered me. Their shoulders were stuck together. And I looked at them wondering if they were somehow related. The older guy surely became aware of my presence and immediately, he caressed the knee of the young boy. 

I was sure he wanted me to know. 

And then, they suddenly seemed more animated, comfortable with the people they were with. They were talking, they were fooling around. And I bet the other passengers were getting the picture. 

At one point, I looked closely and listened to the speeches of the younger boy, I realized he isn't really that young anymore. He talked and he knew what he was talking about. His looks were totally deceiving. Young, innocent, a pretty boy. 

No wonder the older gay--who by now you would have realized was gay--was into him. 

See, don't get me wrong. I do not discriminate or disagree with gay relationships. I don't give a fuck if they fuck. As long as they do me no harm to me. In this case, they weren't really doing me any harm. So, I let them be. 

Only, I just really observe too much. 

And it didn't escape my eyes when the gay one handed a bill to the pretty boy, which he immediately pocketed. 

And I couldn't help but pity all the gay people in the world who pay, literally, to get their desires, or worse, to find the love that they don't deserve. 

***

This is the beginning my new blog series that will immortalize how I see the world. I still don't have a name for this. Everything is just so vague yet. It will be a work in progress. Thank you friends for sparing me. 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lhen! What's up?! anong ibig sabihin ng ok? is that good or bad?

      Delete
  2. As Marvin put it, this setting is much ideal than being in a 'relationship' with someone. Marvin knows what a 'boy' wants from him, and he is willing to give what is necessary to get what he wants from a boy. No need to go through 'couple' pretensions to maneuver anyone to the sack. No subtly implied bullshit, just literal give and take.

    At talagang si Marvin ang example ko. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. I totally understood that. But no matter how I look at it, I don't see it as happy.

      Delete
    2. But not everyone does this for happiness. Nor love.

      Delete
    3. I know. Did I ever say all gays do that? :P

      Delete
    4. lol i didnt say that you are generalizing them. im pointing at how you brand what they do as something they do exclusively for happiness.

      Delete
  3. Have some gay friends who were like that. You can't blame them though. But what I didn't like in their setup was that the boys always take advantage of them. That's the unhappy part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I sound too much of an idealist, wishing that the world is a happy one for everyone. But the deal is, I just want them to be just like us everyone else when it comes to finding the one they love. I just want them to not only love, but be loved in return, the way we do.

      Delete
  4. There's too much wishful thinking going here... :P

    ReplyDelete