Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fathers

Last, last week, I almost lost my father. The events that took place was like an action movie that has a terrorizing kontrabida. It was something I did not believe in an instant. 

I just finally believed it was really real when I started feeling the fear. Yes, that's when it all sank in. What if, what if, I had no father anymore?!

When Papa arrived that night, he did not say any word. He went to sleep, I went to sleep. I closed my eyes, said my prayer for the night, and the first words I uttered was "Thank you po, nakauwi ng ligtas si Papa."

Little did I know that I should be more than thankful. And I realized, how much I love my two fathers. 

That was when I entered a church again. I prayed inside Manila Cathedral (the only Church I feel some divinity). And I was soo thankful to Papa God. I was humbled. I was crying. He saved my human father here on earth. I'm not a devout Catholic, never since I was a child.  And I told Him I would pray on the same church every Sunday. I wouldn't hear Mass. I know Papa God would understand me, He always does. 

God's the best father. He kept Papa here with us. He knew I wouldn't be able to take it. He knew how I love Papa. And that's when I realized a lot about this love for our fathers too.

Our fathers always give a different love, it's special in different ways. Their embrace and kiss are always special despite the strictness. They makes us laugh. They make us proud. And they work hard for us.  

Fathers also teach us lessons in life. These lessons come limited, sometimes out of the blue, sometimes not their intent but we pick it up nonetheless. And these lessons also happen to be the ones we believe in for the rest of our lives. It somehow shapes us into what we become. 

Our fathers have lots of faults too. They are not perfect (except for the one who created us). But we should always be thankful we have them in our lives. And little by little, let's show them the love and care and gratitude they deserve. Now, so we wouldn't have regrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment