Sunday, December 11, 2011

Defying Time

It's December. It's the last month of the year. It's telling us that a chapter of our lives is closing. It's asking us what have we done this year that really matter. And it's challenging us to be and do something even better for the coming year. 

What do I want to say? Honestly, I've got random things in my head but everything has got something to do with time. 

Ironic how we only realize how fast time is when we near the end of a race, and for this instance, the finishing line is 31st of December.

Like yesterday, a little reminder slapped me in the face and said "You've AGED!" Haha. Well, this little girl in our street I used to see as a little girl is not a little girl anymore. She's grown boobs. That does not happen in a blink of an eye. 

***
This year I learned how much my family matters to me. God is kind and is great. He extended our time to be together. 

Mama said over lunch on Sunday, "Masaya pa rin tayo, kumpleto tayo."

It's things like that that matter. 

***
I still work for a newspaper. Isang dyarista. Masaya. Talaga. 

But the time I've spent in this field tells me there's more, inside and outside this field. Next year, I need to be braver, bolder and better. 

***
For the first time in my life, I'm not afraid to fall. He is worth all the wait. 

Few knows that my favorite part during Christmas are the lanterns and lights, all those decorative things that glitter and glow. And so to see the most awaited part of the yuletide with him--lovely! Everything with him becomes extra special. 

***
As I post this, it automatically belongs to the past. But then, if I read this again, after days, after years, even after decades, I will return to this moment when I've written this. And then I'll feel that I defied time. 

1 comment:

  1. wow! i love how you've written this. ^_____^

    ReplyDelete